Rotocon reports a record-breaking exhibition across its three stands at the triennial Propak Africa held recently in Johannesburg, with 17 confirmed orders for label printing and finishing equipment.
Orders included five Screen Truepress Jet L350UV+ series UV inkjet presses, five Rotocon Ecoline RDF 330 digital label converting machines, four Ecoline RSD 330 label die-cutting/inspection machines, an AVT Helios 100% automated inline inspection system with WorkFlow Link, a Domino K600i digital printer, and an MPS EF 430 eight-colour press.
‘Our success at Propak Africa was truly a team effort,’ says Rotocon owner, Michael Aengenvoort. ‘Representatives from four of our foreign partners – AVT, MPS, Screen and Wink – made the journey to join us at Propak, and five industry suppliers sponsored material and consumables for equipment running on our stands,’ Michael adds.
On Rotocon’s three stands, visitors were able to see different aspects of label production.
Labels were printed on Screen’s Truepress Jet L350UV+ and finished on two Rotocon Ecoline finishing machines – the RDF 330 digital label converting machine and the RSI 330 slitter rewinder with inspection.
Also featured was the Rotocon Ecoline RSD 330 die-cutter in conjunction with Wink’s SmartGap Touch digital adjustable anvil cylinder for die-cutting.
Rotocon’s show sponsors contributed the following materials and consumables:
• ColorGen: PureRad LED8600e UVLED cold foil adhesive, optimised to bond dyed, metallised or holographic foils to coated paper stocks, treated synthetic labelling and packaging films
• Flexo Concepts: TruPoint Orange doctor blades providing longer life, enhanced precision, significantly reduced anilox wear and scoring, and increased safety
• Morgancoat: Self-adhesive gloss white polypropylene film, top coated for excellent printability. The adhesive and liner can be customised depending on the end use application and substrate
• Synchron: KPW-OP over-printable silver cold foil, allowing for greater design and colour shade possibilities
• Wink: SuperCut flexible dies, made with microscopic precision to ensure perfect die-cutting for all label applications
Valuable prizes on offer
Propak Africa visitors also had the chance to win three valuable prizes in Rotocon’s lucky draw. First prize is a Nespresso coffee machine, second prize is a weekend for two in a four-star guest house in Cape Town (double room/B&B) and third prize is an Apple iPad mini. Winners will be announced. ‘We thank our customers who took time to meet us at Propak Africa and see the latest solutions we offer in label printing and finishing,’ concludes Michael Aengenvoort. ‘For all of us at Rotocon, it was truly an honour to see so many familiar faces from our many years’ representation in South Africa.’